Berriz Law Group Car Accident FAQs

Knowing what to do after a car crash is not intuitive. Of course your own safety and that of other people involved is most important, but you may also need to contact the police, file a report and gather insurance or witness information to help you later on when filing a claim.

At Berriz Law Group, we strive to do more than just represent car accident victims when their lives have been turned upside down. We want them to be informed through every stage of the process and feel like they have at least some control over the unexpected circumstances they face.

The following are just a few of the frequently asked questions we hear from clients throughout Thousand Oaks, Ventura County and surrounding areas of Southern California. For more information about these and other issues, contact our office and arrange a free initial consultation. You will get to speak directly with an attorney who can help you through every stage of the claims process.

The Insurance Company Reps Asked Me For A Statement. Should I Talk To Them?

Whether it is your own or the at-fault party’s insurance company, you need to be careful what you say. Insurance adjusters are trained to ask questions that skew information in favor of the insurance company. They will try to thwart liability by saying your injuries are unrelated to the accident or questioning who was truly at fault. They may even ask for you to release your medical records to them. Do not do this. While you may be obligated to cooperate with your own insurance company to a point, you are well-advised to speak with an attorney before sharing any information. We can help you preserve every chance for maximum compensation.

I Felt Fine Initially, But Now I Have Chronic Pain. What Are My Chances For Compensation?

Barriers to compensation often come from delayed symptoms. Injury victims sometimes say they do not notice any pain, nerve damage, headaches or mobility limitations because they simply do not recognize they are connected to the accident. This is why it is so important to limit the statements you make about your injuries immediately following accident.

Do not give up, however, if you have already told an insurance adjuster that you felt fine. We can help you get the independent medical assessments you need to bring important injury details to light and connect them to what you suffered in your accident.

My Car Is Not Driveable. Who Will Pay For A Rental So I Can Get To Work?

The at-fault party’s insurance company should pay for the damages you have suffered, whether those are physical impairments or property damage. Limitations may come into play, however, if the at-fault party’s (the insured) policy limits do not offer enough coverage to pay for full damages. Our lawyers can help you pursue coverage for property damage, your car rental during repairs and other issues that cause financial duress beyond your medical needs.

Contact Us

From our office in Agoura Hills, we represent clients throughout Southern California. All personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no legal fees until our attorneys have helped you recover compensation after your accident.
Contact Our Firm
We stand ready to hold the insurance company accountable and get you the help you need. Contact us today for a free initial consultation with our lawyers.
Skip to content